Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 367 - CD Curves


Shot in response to Daily Shoot Prompt, "Make a photograph that features a very distinct curved line or surface today."  I think I got both a surface and a curve in this one. Saw one of those "water droplets on a CD" photos a few weeks ago, and thought I would try it myself for this challenge.  If you look close enough, you can see my back porch and trees reflected in the water droplet.  I posted on Flickr Daily Shoot group, and some folks thought it was a marble.
 
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 8.0
Focal Length: 105mm (used Nikon 105mm Macro Lens)
Lighting details, Used my SB600 Speedlight mounted to my DS7000 camera at -1.7, Bounced light off of porch ceiling.  Shot outside in early morning (7:30 am) so made use of natural light as well.  I did not have my tripod set up, so braced camera on porch railing to reduce camera shake.





No comments:

Post a Comment