Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 365 - I DID IT!


I started this photoblog a year ago after reading about one others had done and thought it would be a great way for me to get that camera in my hand more often and get more familiar with shooting on manual settings.  What I got was so much more than that.  I found myself looking at my surroundings so much differently than I had before, and seeing more beauty in people, places, plants, animals, and objects than I could even imagine.  I appreciated everything so much more.  As I looked back on those pictures this morning, I realized I had a little picture "diary" of my year as a bonus.  I can remember every moment of what I was thinking, seeing, and feeling as I took that picture.  Nice, very nice.

I have a long way to go in my photography, but this project was a great start and only makes me want to spend MORE time behind the camera.  There are some other photography projects I want to start, but don't know if I can let this one go just yet.  Maybe I will shoot for 500 days!  We will see what tomorrow brings.

My kids kid me about my lack of "followers".  You know, if I did it for anyone else, I would not have finished.  It was always my project!  I would suggest that if you feel it within you...go ahead and start your own 365 project...whatever it is.
 And the flame on this 365 Blog dies out...maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment