Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 730 - Two Year Anniversary


Two years ago, I thought I would attempt to do a "365 Blog" with the rule I set for myself is that I shot a picture everyday.  The blog has been a personal diary more than fantastic photos, but when I reviewed tonight the past two years of photos, I am so happy I did it.  I have joined some photography groups, taken some classes, joined "Project 52" this year, and follow others blogs that I find interesting.  I have a handful of photos on this blog I would print and frame, but mostly it reflects a moment in my life.  Again, this blog has always been personal, and if I decide tomorrow to start "365 x 3" it will continue to be that way.

As I continue to shoot, nothing beats following the photography of my friends.  In the past two years, their passion for photography has been an inspiration.  Everyone of them has had an influence on me.  Each has graciously sent me a photo to share today.

Michelle - I met Michelle through work, and she is most likely the reason I shoot with a Nikon today (as well as giving great advice to my husband on that 70-200 lens a few years ago!).  Michelle loves to travel and has done so extensively.  Her landscape and food pictures from Italy are amazing.  Michelle loves animals.  She donates her talents locally in photographing homeless pets to help find them home. Her photograph she gave me is one she took in Africa of children who had so little but expressed such enthusiasm for life. She captured the moment. She is simply awesome. 



Jenny - I know Jenny from the sushi bar we frequent on Friday evenings.  Jenny orginally shot with Nikon, but has switched to Canon.  Her love of photography is so evident.  She has recently made the jump to making this her full-time job.  A great leap. I just know if anyone can be successful, she will be. She shoots weddings, seniors, and other portraits, but she is amazing at "fashion" shots.  I miss her at the sushi bar, but wish her great luck and success, and I will follow those photos all the way.


Selin - Selin is in high school.  I met her through the high school swim team that she was on with my kids.  When she went to Turkey for a year with her family, I was amazed with the composition and thoughtfulness of her photographs.   Selin has only one lens, a 50 mm fixed lens.  So for all of us out there thinking more equipment will make us better, I think we should take a lesson from Selin.   Love this girl's passion!



Enjoy that time behind your camera or just enjoy the efforts of someone who does.

To my camera and friends, thanks for making my world better each day.

Keep shooting!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I just saw this. Thank you so much Pat, love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete