Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 544 - Water Movement

In response to the Daily Shoot prompt, "Find something beautiful and make a photo. Don't over think it."

Today, I put my camera bag and tripod in my car..only to realize that the small, screw-in connector for my tripod was left in my purse in the kitchen.  Lesson learned.  Check gear before leaving house. 

Anyhow, maybe that was a good thing as I decided to shoot some water lilies.  I have shot these a million times, but today, there were some kids trying to catch minnows in the water (thus the water movement) which lead to some pleasing background and bokeh in this shot.  I did underexpose the shot a bit which I think makes the background of the water richer and a better background for the flower.  Just goes to show you can always find a new way of looking at things behind the lens.

175 mm
1/250 s
f/7.1
ISO 100




No comments:

Post a Comment